Monday, June 7, 2010

Pictures- a few favorites (round 2)

It's that time again- time to add a few pictures so that eventually the blog will take the place of my old fashioned facebook album. Here are three more cakes from my past.




A birthday cake for my hometown friend's boyfriend (now fiance!) He's into planes so we tried to do something fun for that. It's always great to add a bit more dimension to the cake, so we took a trip to Michaels. The end result was a cake fit for a kid-at-heart.














One of my great friends Nichole celebrated her 16th birthday last fall and wanted it to be special. Zebra is a big trend in all things teen, and I couldn't have been more thrilled to make her cake for the occasion.








For my roommate and best friend's birthday I decided to come up with a quick cake idea. Alison loves Harry Potter and I couldn't resist the chance to practice my painting. (A simple technique of using dye powder with lemon juice. It makes a great paint for fondant layers!) Her last name being Huffstetler, she naturally supported the Hufflepuff House (colors of Black and Yellow) so that was a great starting point. The end result was a cape, pictured here, with my proudest part the HP font.

1 comment:

  1. Alison HuffstetlerJuly 1, 2010 at 2:40 PM

    It was even more beautiful in person! Thanks Case!

    ReplyDelete