Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Happy 2nd anniversary Melissa and Clayton!

I was so excited to re-open the file to one of my favorite wedding cakes of all time.




When I baked the 5-tiered cake for Melissa and Clayton's wedding 2 years ago, I had just moved into my first DC apartment.  This time around I'm still settling in our new townhouse! Whether Melissa knows it or not, her faith in me using a kitchen for the first time has meant a lot.

Although I was at home visiting family for the last week, I couldn't stand to say no to her anniversary cupcakes.  She requested 1 dozen of the recipe I used for her wedding cake.





Pictured: 6 spice and 6 yellow cupcakes with fresh orange buttercream.

I was eager to test out the toppers I'd been brainstorming- the number 2 in 12 different languages. See if you recognize any! Happy Anniversary Mel and Clayton!




*Be on the lookout for a MUCH overdue post from the 4th of July. I've decided to postpone it until Labor Day, since they'll still be relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment