Saturday, January 5, 2013

Long Lost Post: Graham and Moira's Amazing Wedding!



As promised a month ago, the pictures are here! Only, it worked out better than I had ever hoped.  When all of my pictures were deleted after Graham and Moira's wedding I thought I'd never have evidence that these awesome cakes existed.  Fortunately, her photographer Lindsey Walters came through with some pictures that are far more impressive than the ones on my tiny old canon point and shoot. With the powers of vendors combined, I bring you: Moira and Graham's SUPER wedding!







I think I've mentioned more than 10 times how fun this couple is. They do things because it makes them happy, and they have the most incredible sense of style and self.  I knew their wedding would be the coolest. In fact, it was so fun to plan a wedding during the same year as them because I would see ideas and say, "I LOVE this! We can't pull it off, but I bet Moira and Graham will." Sure enough, we saw so many touches throughout the evening that we loved from our own planning.  Did I mention that they invited Jared and I as guests?? We have a lot of mutual friends, and this was so unexpected but so cool. I had the chance to see their whole vision through and party through the night with our crew.

Graham does a lot of graphic design and told me all along, "Do what you want! Try new things! We're cool with anything." I love those words so much, because it lets me step out of my own cupcake comfort zone. It gave Moira and I a lot to talk about to as we planned the cutting cake and toppers. Below you'll see lots of fun new techniques, some of which I shared in an earlier post. . Enjoy!



Their equestrian themed wedding had so many neat touches, including cake table details.


Graham had these flavor listings made up- they were amazing and such a kind way to showcase my brand. 

They registered with Etsy (so cool!) and I surprised them with a custom made cake pedestal from their registry. 

Spice cake with cinnamon cream cheese frosting, and sifted G's for Guenther (their new name).

Lemon cake with raspberry buttercream and a fondant stamp of their wedding logo.

Fudgy chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and horse shoe molds.

One of my favorite cutting cakes of all time! 

You two ROCK! Thanks for all you've done as friends, clients, and cake eaters!

No comments:

Post a Comment