Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fondant Lessons




Two of my crafty teacher friends (ok, one is the art teacher) have been asking me about how to use fondant.  They love to bake/craft/etc. so one afternoon they came over and I gave them lessons. I knew they'd be into it, but I was super thrilled with how the cakes turned out.

As a fee for entry (and the 5 pound tub of fondant) they had to bake and ice their own cake with a crumb coat.  We all picked different recipes, so when the cakes were sliced we swapped pieces. I definitely got the good end of the deal with a slice of grasshopper and a slice of tie-dyed cake in return.

Skills that were covered:
Rolling fondant
Wrapping a cake with fondant
Pulling color through
Cutting and shaping fondant
Storing fondant

See if you can tell who's is who. I'll go ahead and say my first fondant cake did NOT look like these!







No comments:

Post a Comment