Saturday, May 14, 2011

Girl's Getaway with Class

One of my FAVORITE friends/clients asked me to come up with something fun for a girls' getaway she had planned. Nothing makes me happier than the power to create cupcakes with no specific plans. I love having a picture to model or an idea to go off of, but for this occasion Lynn said, "I trust you! Do something fun!" What a treat.

Pearl necklaces immediately came to mind as I was brainstorming. I saw a similar technique on a cookie a few years back, and I've been waiting to try it out. They were my ever-popular lemon with raspberry buttercream, and the fondant coin on top made an easy decorating surface.






The second thing I couldn't resist was something in tiffany-blue. I pulled out my one and only jewelry box to get the shade just right, and added a bow on top. What girly-girl doesn't love bows and jewelry??

My other fun experiment on this batch was my new cupcake pan. I found it at IKEA a few months ago- leave it to the sweedish to bring us a funky shaped cupcake. They even sell their own papers to go with them. I had a great time filling these chocolate fudge cakes and topping them off. I think the pans will definitely have to be used again.




No comments:

Post a Comment