Monday, April 1, 2013

A Wonderful Woman Retires







Happy retirement, Mary Lynne!!

I had the pleasure of working with Mary Lynne for almost 3 years during my time at JMU.  I worked at an office called Student Activities and Involvement where all of the behind the scenes work was done for the clubs and organizations on campus.  When we found out she was retiring this spring the current student employees gathered supplies, ideas, and past employees to celebrate her.  I was so excited to be a part of this, and honored to be asked to make cupcakes.  Mary Lynne was the mother of the office for so many years, and she will really be missed on campus.  She touched a lot of lives and has some BIG shoes to fill!







This was also my first time dipping cupcakes in ganache.  They were extra chocolatey, and extra delicious!

Featured flavors: Yellow cake with vanilla frosting and pearl dragees, Fudgy chocolate chip cake with vanilla frosting and dark chocolate ganache.








*Thanks to Kristin Muncy for sending me some pictures of the guest of honor!

No comments:

Post a Comment