Saturday, March 9, 2013

Baby Quinn!




One of my dearest friends so graciously dreamed up this cake for a coworker. A close work friend of hers is due to have her second baby next week, this time a girl! The mama-to-be strikes me as a "no frills" sort of woman, and she made it very clear that she didn't want a shower for her second baby.

But who can say no to a ruffly pink cake?

I've been dying for an excuse to use the newest fad, "ombre," in some way other than on my hair.  We decided that the cake must be pink, it must have ruffles, and something cute on top.

I'll definitely be hitting the ombre again. Thank you Kristina for giving me the chance to test it out. A week from now we'll be welcoming baby Quinn into the world, and I can't wait to hear about how sweet she is!














Also, thanks for reporting back with this inside cake picture. It's just as pink as I imagined it!

No comments:

Post a Comment