Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Lucky Weekend for a Wedding

Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!



I definitely got lucky with this wedding order.  It came from a friend of Moira and Graham's, and it was possibly one of the most low maintenance orders I've had in a while.  I was given a date, a cupcake total, and a fun experiment on their cutting cake. Other than that they were very flexible! The bride Jen said, "I need them next month, and they can be whatever flavors Moira and Graham had... something good!" She was easy to please for toppers, and she was out of town in NC so she didn't even require a tasting.  I was thrilled to pass them off to Moira and Graham for the drive to North Carolina this weekend.


Yellow Cake with Whipped Vanilla Frosting 



Coconut Cake with Lime Cream Cheese Frosting



Fudgy Chocolate Chip with Peanut Butter Frosting



I also got to experiment with a Gluten Free option for the couple's cutting cake.  It took a few tweaks to get the consistency right, but I only needed to replace a few ingredients. It's nice to have that under my belt now!

Jen and Mark's Gluten Free Cutting Cake 




Gluten Free Spice Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting 





I'm feeling so lucky to have such wonderful cake fans as friends and customers. It's an honor to continue baking for you all!





No comments:

Post a Comment