Monday, November 12, 2012

My New Favorite Tool: The Stamp





For over a year I've looked forward to Moira and Graham's wedding. When we first sat down to chat about their cake and cupcakes they gave me the reigns on the design ideas (pun intended since Moira loves horses and it was an equestrian themed wedding). Graham does graphic design for a living and is fantastic at generating and formatting ideas.  It was such an honor to have the green light from this couple! Throughout the year of planning they sent pictures and tools my way, and I've now uncovered one of my new favorite techniques!! Moira ordered this stamp especially for her cupcakes, and it was much deeper than most. I'm excited to try out different stamps and see what results they yield. 

Pictures from the wedding will be posted soon, but for now- enjoy this look at the fondant stamp. 





Step 1: Roll out the fondant to about 1/4" in thickness. This is much thicker than I usually roll it to cover a cake or to use for typical cupcake toppers. 





Step 2: Use a cookie cutter to shape the toppers. I chose a circle cutter that's a bit bigger than an inch in diameter. This is the circle I often use for cupcakes. 





Step 3: Line up the stamp to the center of the fondant coin and press lightly. I had to peel it back a few times, but for the most part it popped right off. 







Step 4: Top the cupcake! I let my coins dry for a few days so they were hard enough to hold their imprint. Then I topped the cupcake while the frosting was still soft. 


No comments:

Post a Comment