Monday, February 18, 2013

Redeeming My First Cake Certificate



Before Christmas I had a work friend inquire about a "Cakes by Casey Gift Certificate." It wasn't something I had considered until this point, but I loved the idea. She had taken some leftover cupcakes home to her boyfriend and his roommates earlier last fall and they were really into them. As a surprise for the roommate (for Christmas) she thought it would be fun to give him a gift certificate to have his own cake.

I whipped something up on publisher and we packaged it up with the flavor list and pricing guide. It wasn't long before I heard from him with a request. He wanted a traditional coconut cake, like they have in the south. I know all about these because my great aunt Lucy brings one each year for Christmas.  I've been dying to recreate it, partly because it's delicious, but also because it seems fun to roll an ENTIRE cake in coconut.






Although I didn't remember to take a picture until it was already packed up, the certificate and the cake were a huge success.  I'm excited to introduce to you the Cakes by Casey Gift Certificates. They're open for business!!


No comments:

Post a Comment