Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Metro Area in Neon




Jessica strikes again! Someone who started as a friend of a friend has quickly moved from client, to colleague, to personal friend! She is so kind to think of me as various events pop onto her radar, but what I've really loved most are the conversations we get to have when we're planning cakes to fit various themes.


This time she was working with Capitol Romance to form a gathering of vendors.  Musicians, photographers, event planners, and other vendors were all in one spot to socialize and network. Because the actual event fell on a particularly busy night of work I was unable to attend, but what an honor to be invited!

I was given the parameters "VA/MD/DC" and "The owner loves neon!" when describing the people in charge of the event. You had me at neon.







My original idea of state shapes fell through once I realized how difficult Maryland would be to place on a cupcake and still look like Maryland.





 I kept the Virginia toppers, but experimented a bit to get the rest right.




Thanks Jessica for such a fun excuse to bake boldly!!









1 comment:

  1. these cupcakes we AWESOME casey! what a fun (and delicious) treat to have at our meetup! hope to meet you at the next one!

    ReplyDelete