Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Just another "business expense..."

Going into Williams-Sonoma with no specific need is never a good idea for me. Need I remind you of the last time that happened? Fortunately, my very first class of first graders surprised me with a gift card at the end of the year to WS itself. How did I get so lucky to have a class full of kiddos that knew my interests that well??

On this particular day I was on the hunt for gold sanding sugar. I had told myself, "I'll either save this gift card for small items only, or if I REALLY like something, I'll let myself spend the whole card on my trip today." Of course, the sugar was front row center and on sale for $1.99. That can't possibly count as my purchase! As I made my way around the store I searched high and low for any other gadgets I couldn't live without. Finally, I found the one item I knew I had to own... a heavy duty, silicone rolling pin. It was as if it jumped out into my sore hands. Sore from rolling pounds of fondant with my French, tapered, wooden pin. I refused to use anything else up until this point since it was a family pin, passed down at least from my mom, (that makes it special, right?)



At least for heavy duty rolling, I decided I could make an exception.

It's not in my nature to waste a pound of fondant just for rolling, but it won't be long until I can't wait to use my pin any longer! Be on the lookout for that experiment, pictures to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment