Monday, August 1, 2011

Showcasing a New Cake Stand

If I'm out and about I can't help myself when I see a cake pedestal for sale. Sometimes they're discounted at Sur La Table, or hidden in a thrift or antique shop. I've managed to gather quite a collection in varying colors, shapes, and sizes that are proudly displayed in my kitchen. I was in Homegoods the other evening, and this one caught my eye. It goes well with my cream colors as well as the metallics/silvers.

I had my eye on a cake from one of my favorite blogs that I was excited to recreate. As soon as I saw this pedestal, I thought of my cake.

Despite the homemade look (brought to you by the red plate) I was very pleased with the pairing of the two.





Pictured: Vanilla wedding cake recipe with vanilla buttercream.
Tip Used: Large Star Tip

2 comments:

  1. You made the rose cake! It looks so great! I also love the new cake pedestal. It's so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you Steph... you introduced me to it!

    ReplyDelete